Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Breaking News! Pittsnogle Located! Named 'Country Living' Editor!



Legendary Primitive, Melvin Pittsnogle, Joins Editorial Staff of Cloozoe's International House of Pancakes

March 18, 2009. Ponchatoula, LA

After an exhaustive search, the famed recluse and eccentric was found living under the I-10 bridge just outside Ponchatoula. Once sufficiently sober to speak, he agreed to sign on as Country Living Editor for Cloozoe's International House of Pancakes, the internet's pre-eminent epicurean-literary-anarcho-contrarian-flyfishing-grooming-tips website.

"We're truly thrilled to have Melvin on board", said J.A. Cloozoe, Editor-in-chief. "I think anyone familiar with his work would agree that there is absolutely no one like him. Plus he works cheap."

"Howdy fellers", said Pittsnogle. "I don't know what a editor is, but ain't nobody knows more about livin' in the country than me, I reckon. That Cloozoe feller tole me he ain't never even skinned a possum!"


###
No embargo - For immediate release

4 comments:

  1. I stayed at the Pontchartrain Hotel for a week but don't remember any I-10 bridge, did eat plenty of red beans and rice, beignets and black coffee though...... yummmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recruiting Pittsnogle was a stroke of pure genius. And it's reassuring to know that BHB's attention will be diffused, now that he has one more "Formerly Clark's VWB bozo" to pull back from the "drink" (so to speak), so that he can spend less time on me.

    "bozo"... sheesh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was with great surprise that I received news from a senior student of mine of the existance of a new blog with an article on it regarding a member of the ancient clan of Pittsnoggle. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Hamm P. Smead Phd., D.D and currently hold the post of Professor of History at the Gospel Truth Televangelical University of Light and Power in Eaufala, Alabama.

    My interest in Pittsnoggle history began in childhood as I am, on my mother's side, descended from the English branch of the family, hence my middle initial. My Master's Thesis, published in 1947, is a review of Pittsnoggle genealogy and lore. This subject has become my life avocation. My research has uncovered information from the early mists of the past, beginning in the British Isles and traces the family's course through the dark times of transportation to Australia and the even darker times of expulsion from that Territory to the United States of America in the decade beginning in 1780. Since their arrival in the States I have been able to compile a near continuous timeline track of Pittsnoggle location and activities with the only gaps ocurring during the duration of the War of 1812, the Mexican American War, the Civil War, the Spanish American War, World Wars I & II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War at which times all traces of any and all Pittsnoggles seem to mysteriously disappear.

    I have also amassed the largest collection of Pittsnoggle memorabilia extant, primarily through direct contact with family members but also by archaeological recovery at the extensive middens found at all significant family homesteads. Although not a fisherman myself the collection does include numerous piscatorial devices, photographs of which I shall be pleased to share with you if the editorial board here indicates interest. Although my website is currently not operational due to fiscal issues I have established The Pittsnoggle Museum and Historical Records Foundation with the goal of preserving and presenting to the public the legacy of this great family. Contributions may be directed to me at the University. I thank you and wish a pleasant day to all.

    Dr. Hamm P. Smead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melvin, Spotted one of your custom BridgeTone rods for sale to day, elsewhere in rodworld. It's the big time now. Incidentally, the Hiram Leonard style beard is smashing.
    Cwfly

    ReplyDelete